patronage of our affiliate
partners supports this web site.
We thank you! In other words, please shop at LBC
Buy This at Allposters.com
La Belle Cuisine
Emeril’s Grilled Vegetable Lasagna
Recipe courtesy of
Emeril Lagasse and
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup finely chopped onion
6 cloves garlic, minced
Two 28 ounce cans Roma tomatoes,
broken into pieces, with juice
1 cup tightly packed, pitted,
chopped Kalamata olives
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons drained capers
2 tablespoons minced anchovy fillets
(about 8 fillets)
1/2 teaspoon crushed dried basil
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1. In a large pot, heat
the olive oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onion and sauté until soft and lightly caramelized,
3. Add the garlic and cook an additional 2 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes and the remaining ingredients and simmer
is thickened and slightly reduced, about 40
5. Adjust seasoning to taste, set aside and cool.
4 medium zucchini
4 red or yellow bell peppers,
roasted, seeded and peeled
2 medium eggplants (about 1 1/2 pounds),
cut into 1/4-inch rounds
2 large yellow onions, cut into
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. In a large shallow bowl, toss the vegetables with the
2. If using the broiler, arrange the vegetables in a single layer on
lightly greased or non-stick baking sheets.
3. Grill or broil in batches, turning the vegetables once, until they
tender, lightly browned and have released the majority of
(about 5-6 minutes per side).
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups loosely packed basil leaves
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1. In the bowl of a food processor or a blender, place the
basil and blend to a paste.
2. With the motor running, slowly drizzle the oil into the paste and
with the salt and pepper. Remove from the processor/
blender and reserve.
1 1/4 pounds lasagna noodles
2 pounds ricotta cheese
1/2 pound mozzarella cheese, coarsely grated
Assembling the Lasagna:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl mix the ricotta cheese with 1/2 cup of
3. Lightly grease a rectangular baking dish, then spoon 1/2 cup
Sauce onto the bottom of the dish.
4. Cover with a layer of lasagna noodles.
5. Top the lasagna with a layer of ricotta cheese, then a layer of
zucchini, onion, red pepper, a layer of grated
layer of Puttanesca Sauce.
6. Repeat layering the lasagna, ricotta, vegetables, mozzarella
this manner until all the ingredients have been
cheese on top.
7. Bake until the lasagna is bubbling and golden brown, about
8. Allow to rest 10 minutes before serving, drizzled with the
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, © 2000.
Featured Archive Recipes:
Classic Lasagne (Mario Pei)
Everybody Loves Lasagna
Emeril's Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
over Angel Hair Pasta
Emeril's Lasagna Bolognese
Lasagne Verdi e Bianco
Roasted Eggplant Lasagna with
Broiled Tomato Sauce
Vegetarian Lasagne (Martha Stewart)
Index - Pasta Recipe Archives
Index - Main Dish Recipe Archives
Do you know what it means
to miss New Orleans?
Daily Recipe Index
Recipe Archives Index