patronage of our affiliate
partners supports this web site.
We thank you! In other words, please shop at LBC
Red Crab on a Kelp Plant, Close View
Buy at AllPosters.com
The Silver Palate
Good Times Cookbook
by Julee Rosso and Sheila Lukins
with Sarah Leah Chase,
1985, Workman Publishing
12 generous appetizer portions
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup cold water
1/2 cup boiling water
1/2 cup Hellman's mayonnaise
2 tablespoons finely snipped fresh or
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
1 tablespoon grated onion
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Dash Tabasco sauce
1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups flaked lump crabmeat,
picked over for shells
1 cup heavy or whipping cream
Fresh dill sprigs (garnish)
1. Soften the gelatin in cold water in a large mixing bowl for 3 minutes.
Stir in the boiling water and slowly whisk until the gelatin dissolves.
Cool to room temperature.
2. Add the mayonnaise, chives, chopped dill, onion, lemon juice,
Tabasco, paprika, and salt and whisk until completely blended. Refrigerate until
slightly thickened, about 20 minutes.
3. Fold the crabmeat into the gelatin mixture. Whip the cream in a
separate bowl until it forms soft peaks and fold gently into the crab mixture.
4. Remove the mixture into a medium-size bowl or decorative 6- to
8-cup mold. Refrigerate covered at least 4 hours.
5. Unmold the mousse onto a serving platter and garnish with dill
sprigs. Serve with black bread or crackers, or spoon in ripe avocado halves
and serve as a first course.
Featured Archive Recipes:
Cajun Crab Dip
with Crab Sauce
Lump Crab and
Recipe Archives Index