Your patronage of our
partners supports this web site. We thank you!
Carter Holman, Linda
Buy this Art Print at AllPosters.com
Chunky Cream Cheese and Macadamia Nut Cookies
The Silver Palate Good Times Cookbook
Julee Rosso, Sheila Lukins, Sarah L. Chase (Workman Publishing February 1985)
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
Finely grated zest of 1 orange
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
1. Beat the butter and cream cheese in a large mixer bowl until
light and fluffy. Beat in the brown sugar and then the orange zest and vanilla extract.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder together and stir into the
butter mixture with a wooden spoon. Stir in the macadamia nuts. Refrigerate the dough at
least 1 hour or overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly butter cookie sheets.
4. Drop heaping teaspoons of the dough 2 inches apart onto the
prepared cookie sheets and flatten slightly with the back of a spoon.
5. Bake until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to wire rack
to cool completely. Makes 4 dozen cookies.
Index - Cookie Recipe Archives
Recipe Archives Index