patronage of our affiliate
partners supports this web site.
We thank you! In other words, please shop at LBC
The Cider Orchard, 1848-1910
Buy at AllPosters.com
Puck’s Roast Rack of Pork
One 2-pound pork
4 bones attached
3 yellow onions, sliced
2 ounces olive oil
1 inch fresh ginger, crushed
1/2 stick cinnamon
1 star anise
4 tablespoons maple sugar
(can substitute brown sugar)
3 tablespoons sweet
3 1/3 cups apple cider
Salt and black pepper
1. Season both sides of rack with salt and pepper 20 minutes before
cooking. Sear in a heavy sauté pan with olive oil until the rack is
well caramelized. Set aside and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In same pan, add sliced onions, ginger cinnamon, star anise and
butter. Slowly cook until onions are well caramelized. Add maple
sugar and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Deglaze with cider, adjust salt and pepper to taste and reduce until
a glaze forms.
4. Completely cover rack with half of onion compote. Transfer to
roasting pan and place in oven. Cook at 20 minutes per pound or
until internal temperature is 150 degrees F. Halfway thru cooking
time, pour over remaining half of onion compote.
5. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Recipe courtesy of Wolfgang Puck © 2000
Featured Archive Recipes:
from Chef Wolfgang's "Live, Love, Eat"
Pork Loin with Apples, Cider and Calvados
Roast Chicken with Root Vegetables from
the Wolfgang Puck Cafe
Index - Pork Recipe Archives
Daily Recipe Index
Recipe Archives Index