Country Quilt and
Buy this Art Print at AllPosters.com
La Belle Cuisine - More Bread Recipes
Fine Cuisine with Art Infusion
"To cook is to
create. And to create well...is an act of integrity, and faith,"
Apple Pull-Apart Bread
"The smell of good bread baking, like the
sound of lightly flowing water,
is indescribable in its evocation of innocence and delight..."
- M.F.K. Fisher, The Art of Eating
Recipe of the Day Categories:
Your patronage of our
partners supports this web site. We thank you!
Apple Pull-Apart Bread
1 cup milk
1/4 cup dark seedless raisins
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
3 to 3 1/2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 package rapid-rising dry yeast
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large Mutsu or Golden Delicious apples
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1. In 1-quart saucepan, heat milk until bubbles form around side of
pan. Remove from heat; add raisins and 2 tablespoons butter. Set aside until mixture cools
to 120 to 130 degrees F.
2. In large bowl, combine 3 cups flour, 1/4 cup sugar, the yeast and
In small bowl lightly beat egg and vanilla. Very gradually beat in cooled milk. Add
milk mixture to flour mixture. Beat with wooden spoon until a smooth dough forms.
3. Turn dough out onto lightly floured board; knead until smooth
and shiny, adding as much of remaining 1/2 cup flour as necessary to make dough manageable.
4. Wash, dry and oil mixing bowl. Place dough in bowl, turning to
bring oiled side up. Cover with clean cloth; let dough rise in warm place, away from
drafts, until double in size - about 30 minutes.
5. Grease and flour 10-inch tube pan. Peel, core, and slice apples
into eighths. Thinly slice each eighth crosswise. In large bowl, toss apples with lemon
juice. In cup, combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar, the cinnamon, nutmeg
6. Turn dough out onto lightly floured board. Cut into 32 pieces.
In small saucepan or cup in microwave oven, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Add dough
pieces, sugar mixture and melted butter to apples in large bowl. Toss to coat dough pieces
well. Place in prepared pan.
7. Let bread rise uncovered, at room temperature, away from drafts
until double in size - about 35 to 40 minutes.
8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake bread 45 to 50 minutes or until
golden brown and loaf sounds hollow when tapped on top. Cool in pan on wire rack 10
minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack to room temperature before serving. To
serve, pull apart several sections of bread
Index - Bread Recipe
Index - Breakfast Recipe
Recipe Archives Index